It’s that time of year when the world goes crazy for just about everything “pumpkin spice”, and we have several Northern Kentucky coffee shops that we love year round. Sure, you can go to a global conglomerate and get coffee, but we would encourage you check these local places out next time you have a hankering for a great cup of joe. Here are our favorites in no particular order.
- Biggby Coffee in Ft. Mitchell – Located next to Greyhound Tavern at 2498 Dixie Hwy, Fort Mitchell, KY 41017, Biggby has arguably the friendliest staff in food service. You’re greeted as you walk in with a smile and commonly you will hear a “see you later!”, as you walk out. They have a nice variety of brewed coffee as well as regular and seasonal coffee drinks from which to choose.
- Reality Tuesday in Park Hills – Reality Tuesday has been around a while, and the atmosphere is laid back and cool. You can choose from big overstuffed chairs or a couch, or perhaps your a booth person. Just a few miles north at 1518 Dixie Hwy, Park Hills, KY 41011, they boast some of the best pastries in the area.
- Velocity Bike & Bean in Florence – Now for something completely different. Located at 7560 Burlington Pike, Florence, KY 41042, Velocity is a coffee & bicycle shop. That’s right, a bike shop. If you’re a cyclist you get it, if you’re not, owners Mark & Lisa Ball will be happy to explain the connection.
- Carabello Coffee in Newport – Carabello Coffee, located at 107 E. 9th St. Newport, KY 41071, started in a garage in the fall of 2009 with a philanthropic vision, a hot air popcorn popper and a few pounds of green coffee beans. From there Justin & Emily Carabello have steadily grown their small business as a way to help fund sustainable change in underdeveloped coffee producing nations. Currently their coffee is served by many restaurants, businesses and churches from around the area.
- Covington Coffee in…well…Covington – The newest to enter the world of java in Northern Kentucky, Covington Coffee is located 508 W 12th St, Covington, KY 41011. They have a small garden out back where you can enjoy your coffee and scone. Very quaint atmosphere and definitely worth stopping by.
- The Point Perk in Covington – Located at 43 West Pike St. Covington, KY 41011, employs adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Their employees will be working in front of house doing the point of sale and helping make your customer service experience excellent. After being trained for 6-8 months and building their interpersonal skills, the goals is to integrate our employees into other local businesses! Then they will have the chance to get a new crew in to do the same process all over again!